The robots will not be taking over the universe, unless you’re into conspiracy theories! Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been around since the dawn of computers.
Every time you use your cellphone, Google, Amazon, or other devices and services; you’re using Artificial Intelligence. This technology is advancing at a rapid pace and is changing multiple industries, especially the healthcare field. Let’s take a deeper dive into AI.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the ability for any machine, or more commonly computers, to think and learn. This gives these machines and computers the capacity to think, learn, and act like humans.
The best example of AI is Siri or Google. You simply ask Siri, “what is the temperature outside,” and Siri is able to find this information and relay it back to you.
It is common for people to get machine learning and AI confused. They are completely different.
Machine learning is developing computer programs that can get data and learn from it without the help of humans.
Whether it is being implemented or welcomed, the presence of AI is increasing in the healthcare field. AI is growing in popularity and is expected to be an estimated $6.6 billion market by 2021. This is a major change in hospitals and the healthcare field overall! The benefits of AI will only help healthcare professionals be better at their jobs:
- It allows for faster and more accurate diagnostics. Once an AI learns about a disease or health condition, it will be able to recognize it faster the next time someone comes in with the same symptoms.
- There could be less human error. A doctor can become tired, burned out, or stressed, and sometimes because they’re human - make mistakes.
- It can save healthcare facilities cost at the end of the day. This is because it can replace other technology that is currently outdated.
- The future of telemedicine is helping patients and their physicians alike. This allows physicians to speak with their patients whenever they are needed.
With these benefits comes the changes in the healthcare field that will slowly happen once AI is integrated.
The first way is through data management. AI makes it easier to collect, store, trace and organize all needed patient information and documents in one area.
- It will help with waiting times. It can help patients waiting for lab results, blood test, x-rays, and more.
- If a doctor needs help or research, AI could find the information faster and help.
- An AI system can work on any laptop, computer, or phone. This could mean it works when the doctor is off the clock!
- It will be easier to patients to reach their doctors. We see this being implemented with Telemedicine methods.
- AI could do the administrative work that a doctor does daily. With this off the doctor’s plate, a doctor could see more patients which will increase patient satisfaction.
There are so many more reasons AI could help and change the healthcare field. The healthcare field is constantly seeing changes in their methods with newer technology.
It is just a matter of time before Siri or Google is making appointments for people and logging patient records!
FlowCARE Nurse Server is a patent-pending pre-engineered nurse server made for healthcare professionals and patients in mind. For more information, contact us today!
It’s critical for patients to understand the differences between the technology that is being used and how each one can benefit them in different ways.continue Reading
A system that can track all supply chain methodologies in place, allow patients to access and download their files and allow for real time conversations over Skype is interoperability in healthcare.continue Reading